'Don't steal my joy,' Stephen A. Smith tells Shannon Sharpe as First Take star makes bold Knicks prediction live on air | LC54AS4 | 2024-04-23 02:08:01
STEPHEN A. Smith is backing the New York Knicks to go all the way to the NBA Conference Finals.
The 56-year-old ESPN analyst roared his appreciation for the franchise during a lively cold open to Monday's episode of First Take.


Smith returned from the West Coast to appear in the ESPN New York studios alongside host Molly Qerim, with co-star Shannon Sharpe remaining in Los Angeles.
The veteran sportscaster announced he would be watching tonight's Game 2 showdown between the Knicks and the Philadelphia 76ers from courtside.
The Knicks took a 1-0 series lead over Philly on Saturday after a 111-104 win at Madison Square Garden.
Smith's opening monologue was accompanied by flashing blue and orange lights as he hyped up the Knicks postseason run.
"I've had to fly back to New York City on a red-eye," Stephen A. said.
"I left beautiful sunshine weather in Los Angeles, California, where my man Shannon Sharpe is still chilling.
"I thought I'd be depressed. But then I remembered something – the Knicks are playing tonight, baby!
"You see the flashlights going up in here? You see the orange and blue?"
As Smith became more animated, he blurted out a bold prediction for the postseason.
"I told y'all. The New York Knicks are going to the Conference Finals," he roared.
<!-- End of Brightcove Player --> "I'm going to be courtside tonight. Y'all might have your weather, but I got my Knicks, baby."
The Knicks last reached the NBA Conference Finals in the 1999-2000 season.
And you have to go back to 1973 for the last time New York won the NBA title.
"You got something to say Shannon, huh?" Smith challenged Sharpe to close out his rant.
"The Conference Finals, this man is excited about the Conference Finals," the NFL Hall of Famer shrugged back.
<p class="article__content--intro"> STEPHEN A. Smith is now the face of ESPN and an executive producer on First Take having initially started working for the company back in 2003. </p> </div> </div> "Don't steal my joy Shay Shay!" Smith yelled back, to laughter from the panel.
"When the Knicks win the NBA title I just wanna see @stephenasmith reaction," laughed one fan in response to the outburst on X.
"Stephen A Smith going to the Knicks game tonight. We lost," joked another.
Smith has been busy throughout the weekend on ABC's NBA Countdown.
He also presented his podcast The Stephen A. Smith Show, going on an impassioned rant defending Taylor Swift.
First Take airs every weekday from 10 am ET on ESPN.

The Knicks are targeting a first title in over 50 years[/caption]
More >> https://ift.tt/jWnFQdX Source: MAG NEWS