Arsenal legend Ian Wright makes prediction Manchester United's clash with Liverpool | 12MIIEC | 2024-04-06 16:08:01
Ian Wright says he 'fears' for Manchester United ahead of their conflict with Liverpool and believes Jurgen Klopp's aspect might give their bitter rivals 'a great hiding' at Previous Trafford.
Liverpool survived a second-half scare to overcome lowly Sheffield United at Anfield in midweek, making certain they restored their two-point lead over Arsenal at the prime of the Premier League desk.
United, in the meantime, look to bounce again after coming out second greatest from Thursday night time's epic at Stamford Bridge, with Cole Palmer scoring twice in stoppage time to consign Erik ten Hag's men to a Four-Three defeat.
The end result left the Purple Devils stranded in sixth, 11 factors adrift of fourth-placed Aston Villa and 22 points behind league leaders Liverpool as they prepare to welcome the Merseyside giants to the Theatre of Goals.
While United's confidence may have been severely dented after profitable just one in every of their final 5 matches within the English prime flight, they may little question take encouragement from their thrilling victory over Liverpool to succeed in the FA Cup semi-finals.
Nevertheless, ex-Arsenal and England striker Wright is 'fearful' for an out-of-sorts United and feels Klopp's rampant Liverpool workforce are in the good place to showcase their 'ruthless' streak.
'I worry for United towards Liverpool,' Wright stated on the Wrighty's House podcast.
'A workforce like Liverpool, going for what they're going for now, the manager leaving, all the things that's in Liverpool's armoury to go and make it possible for they're ready for a recreation… we're not going to see that FA Cup enterprise, with Man United and what they did in the FA Cup.
'I just really feel that Liverpool might be rather more targeted they usually're going to be even more ruthless.
'We know that Manchester United might be ruthless.
'[Alejandro] Garnacho being there alone is going to be a problem for anybody.
'But I simply feel at this stage of the season, Liverpool will know they're coming and we're going to put them in their place, no matter it takes.
'I'm nervous for United because, as a lot as they will rating, I can see them getting another good hiding. I can see it.'
Liverpool, Arsenal or Man City? Danny Murphy rules one team out of the title race
Kai Havertz hails underrated Arsenal star and pays huge compliment to Mikel Arteta
Arsenal legend Ian Wright makes Manchester United v Liverpool prediction
United have already suffered 12 defeats this season, six of them inflicted on residence soil, and Wright not sees Previous Trafford is a 'fortress'.
'I've seen them getting a hiding at Previous Trafford, it's not prefer it's their fortress. I've seen them getting a hiding at Previous Trafford!' he added.
'And a number of the occasions I've seen not so many objectives they usually've nonetheless obtained a hiding.
'If Liverpool come ready they usually've acquired their heads on this, it might be an enormous fear for them.'
For more tales like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Privacy PolicyThis website is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
More >> https://ift.tt/AnJFxBh Source: MAG NEWS