I’ve called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend’s CBS Sports broadcast | 6761RK2 | 2024-04-09 02:08:01

New Photo - I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast | 6761RK2 | 2024-04-09 02:08:01
I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast | 6761RK2 | 2024-04-09 02:08:01

The CBS Sports broadcaster Lundquist revealed that he'll be emotional while he's on the decision for the

BROADCASTING legend Verne Lundquist has been the voice of the the Masters for 4 many years, however all things come to an end.

The CBS Sports broadcaster Lundquist revealed that he'll be emotional while he's on the decision for the Masters for his 40th and ultimate time this weekend.

I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast
I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast
Getty
Broadcasting icon Verne Lundquist will name his ultimate Masters event this weekend on CBS[/caption]
I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast
I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast
Getty
Lundquist has been a commentator of the Masters since 1983[/caption]

Since 1983, Lundquist has been a commentator for the legendary golf event.

He additionally referred to as NFL, school soccer, and basketball video games all through his career.

Nevertheless, Lundquist has stepped down from his earlier broadcasting roles.

And the 2024 Masters, broadcasted by CBS, will mark Lundquist's full retirement.

Final week, Lundquist spoke to reporters and revealed what his emotions shall be throughout his final broadcasting job.

"It is going to be emotional, I do know that," Lundquist stated on a CBS Masters preview name, by way of Golf.com.

Lundquist additionally shared that he CBS Sports activities Chairman Sean McManus will even retire.

And Lundquist stated that each previously agreed that calling the 83-year-old Masters for the last time in his 40th yr of broadcasting the golf event made sense.

"Sean and I had a dialog a few years in the past about what can be the right time to exit stage left," Lundquist stated.

"And he and I agreed that '40' had a pleasant round feel to it and that we might exit from the Masters, and from golf, and from CBS, really, on the finish of the second week in April this yr."

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

Lundquist then added that, whereas calling the Masters for the last time, "there's a spot on my left thigh that I'll be pinching to ensure that I don't shed a tear on the air."

Referred to as "Uncle Verne", Lundquist won't be the one CBS group member holding back tears during his ultimate broadcast.

The long-lasting Jim Nantz, who's the host and anchor of CBS' golf protection, stated it is going to be robust to see Lundquist depart the broadcasting.

Nantz opened up on what Lundquist's retirement means to him.

I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast
I've called NFL games and the Masters since the 1980s – I might shed a tear on this weekend's CBS Sports broadcast
Getty

Lundquist has stepped down from his earlier broadcasting roles during the last decade[/caption]

"I hate to see him go from the printed," said the 64-year-old Nantz.

He then shared the story of Lundquist inviting his 25-year-old self to a Christmas Eve dinner the day before the 2 referred to as a Christmas Day soccer recreation in 1985.

"In plenty of ways, I feel that sort of showed me what the CBS tradition was about: How do you act as a teammate," Nantz stated about what Lundquist inviting him to a Christmas Eve dinner throughout his first yr with CBS meant to him.

"Which may have been my first street trip. In truth, I'm positive it was, so Verne, unknowingly, was mentoring me even back then."

Lundquist has made memorable calls throughout his years broadcasting the Masters, including his "Perhaps yessir" call of legend Jack Nicklaus' birdie putt on the 71st hole of the 1986 Masters.

"He's going to be part of Augusta perpetually," Nantz stated. "And people calls that he's made, they're going to be performed again 50, 100, 200 years from now. He's going to have a house there. It's everlasting."

#ive #called #nfl #games #masters #since #1980s #might #shed #tear #weekends #cbs #sports #broadcast #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/DzhvosT Source: MAG NEWS

 

NEO JRNL © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com