‘I’m waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,’ sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket | 0K91R8M | 2024-04-22 17:08:01

New Photo - 'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket | 0K91R8M | 2024-04-22 17:08:01
'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket | 0K91R8M | 2024-04-22 17:08:01

A HUGE lottery prize worth hundreds of thousands of dollars has gone unclaimed after the winner did not step forward.

The owner of the store that sold the slip, in Durham, North Carolina, shared his thoughts as the win expired.

'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket
'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket
Getty
A huge lottery win worth hundreds of thousands of dollars has expired (stock image)[/caption]
'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket
'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket
Google Maps
The owner of the North Carolina store that sold the ticket shared his thoughts[/caption]

The Carolina Cash 5 ticket that was sold had won a whopping $394,216, according to CBS affiliate WNCN.

The money is no longer available to the winner as nobody stepped forward before the 5 pm deadline on April 15.

This winner had to visit the North Carolina Education Lottery headquarters in Raleigh.

The ticket was sold for the October 17 draw at Parkwood Convenience in Durham.

This store's owner shared his thoughts as 5 pm neared on Monday, according to WNCN.

"I am waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money," he said.

The ticket expired 180 days after the lottery draw.

North Carolina Education Lottery will take this cashback and reuse it in two different ways.

Firstly, half of the money will be spent on education in the state.

Secondly, the other half of the money will go back into the lottery's fund for other lotto draws.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

A communication manager for the state's lottery group, Adam Owens, explained that this was a rare occurrence.

"We generally expect them to come in the next few days," he said.

"We expect to see them fairly quickly after they realize there's been a big win."

He added that the biggest amount that has gone unclaimed from the North Carolina Education Lottery was $1 million.

    </div>  </div>  

The U.S. Sun has previously reported on the impact large lottery wins can have on the owners of stores that sell the tickets.

Danny Buckelew, from Treynor, Iowa, won $2 million in a Powerball draw.

He had purchased the special slip from Casey's convenience store in Tiffin, around 108 miles east of Des Moines.

This store was handed a $2,000 bonus for selling this winner.

There could be a repeat of the North Carolina missed lottery prize if a player in Arizona does not check their slip.

A $1 million winning Powerball ticket, that was sold in Phoenix, is yet to be claimed.

'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket
'I'm waiting for somebody to go there and collect this money,' sighs store owner that sold $394k unclaimed lotto ticket
North Carolina Education Lottery

The North Carolina Education Lottery put half of the unclaimed money into education and the other half back into the lottery fund[/caption]

#waiting #somebody #go #there #collect #money #sighs #store #owner #sold #394k #unclaimed #lotto #ticket #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Money

More >> https://ift.tt/jWnFQdX Source: MAG NEWS

 

NEO JRNL © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com