French diver fails to make a splash after embarrassing slip in front of Emmanuel Macron | 12MIIEC | 2024-04-06 16:08:01
"@context":"https://schema.org","@type":"VideoObject","name":"Metro.co.uk","duration":"T30S","thumbnailUrl":"https://i.d
</div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> A French Olympic diver suffered an unlucky mishap in entrance of President Emmanuel Macron when he slipped and fell off a board during an exhibition occasion on the opening of the country's new Olympic Aquatics Centre.
Alexis Jandard was certainly one of three divers selected to carry out the synchronised plunge as part of an inauguration ceremony on the aquatics complicated on the outskirts of Paris.
Jandard's effort on the three-metre springboard, nevertheless, went horribly improper when he slipped on the board after taking his first bounce.
As the opposite two divers took off to finish the dive, Jandard landed awkwardly on his again before falling headfirst into the water.
The 26-year-old, who completed 16th on the Tokyo Olympics in 2021, did not maintain any critical injuries from the autumn but noticed the humorous aspect as he posted an image on Instagram showcasing pink scrapes down his again from the fall.
'Have fun, now's the time to take the mickey as a result of I deserve it massive time,' he stated in a video on social media.
'I need to reassure everybody. I didn't harm myself. There was a bit of blood, nevertheless it's not critical. It's not going to stop me coaching this afternoon.'
Chatting with French outlet RMC Sport, the diver added: 'I've broken boards earlier than, but the board had never broken me earlier than. Now it has.
'I might have most popular this ceremony to have gone properly from begin to finish. There was that little hitch. If it made individuals smile slightly, so much the higher.
'We all know our sport. We know what it entails. We all know that this stuff can occur. There isn't a such factor as zero danger.
'It needed to occur in entrance of the President and the entire of France. I feel we selected the proper moment.'
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
More >> https://ift.tt/AnJFxBh Source: MAG NEWS