'There is no way that I am giving you one red penny' woman tells love interest – but she still lost $67,000 life savings | UGRMZ41 | 2024-02-14 19:08:01
Nancy Newcomer from North Carolina was scammed out of over $67,000 and has been left with "nothing
A WOMAN has drained her life savings and owes the financial institution money after falling sufferer to a romance rip-off.
Nancy Newcomer from North Carolina was scammed out of over $67,000 and has been left with "nothing."


"I've lost all of it for being so silly and foolish," she informed ABC News affiliate WTVD.
"I worked all my life for this and he with nothing took every thing I ever worked for I've nothing."
Newcomer is a K-pop fan and was contacted on Facebook by someone claiming to be Ahn Hyo-seop also called Paul Ahn, a famous Okay-pop collection actor.
She believed it to be the actual individual and their messages immediately sparked a friendly relationship.
"That's who I assumed, trustworthy to God, thought I was talking with him," she explained.
"He began to get fairly friendly right off the bat."
Because the pair continued to message, a romance was shortly established and the scammer advised her that he needed to satisfy.
While impersonating Ahn, he sent Newcomer emails allegedly from the actor's enterprise supervisor.
"He advised me if you wish to meet with him (Ahn) there's a reservation payment of $18,500 and I assumed, oh my god, the place on the planet am I going to get that?"
She then decided to take the sum out of her retirement money and she or he acquired a confirmation from the supposed business supervisor that the personal meeting with Ahn was scheduled.
<!-- End of Brightcove Player --> Nevertheless, the e-mail detailed that extra money was needed to cover the cost of the movie star's safety and private jet.
The e-mail demanded an extra $39,500 which she paid for after draining her retirement account and getting two loans from totally different banks.
"We have been each, so I assumed–in the relationship and in love, I was so silly and blind. I used to be in denial mode," she stated.
In complete, Newcomer sent over $67,000 and it was solely when the scammer asked for much more money that she realized what had happened.
"I stated, 'there isn't any means that I'm supplying you with one purple penny, completely not' and he stated, 'then it's over' that fast, that fast," she stated.
"I used to be devastated because I used to be so in love with him, so I assumed, and he broke my heart there and then I misplaced all the things that I've ever labored for, every little thing absolutely nothing.
"I have nothing to fall again on. He put me into poverty."
Following the scam, Newcomer is dealing with loan repayments of around $40,000.
She has additionally discovered that the early withdrawal of funds from her retirement account may also value her money.
Newcomer owes hundreds of dollars to the IRS in penalties for taking out the money.
The U.S. Sun has contacted Ahn Hyo-seop's agent for comment.
More >> https://ift.tt/ot6l4Rx Source: MAG NEWS